the WORLD'S biggest karaoke competition IS COMING TO AN END!
Join us ON Saturday, May 27TH as 12 contestants sing their heart's out for a chance to win the $25,000 IN PRIZES!
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Memorial Day Weekend
GRAND PRIZE = $15,000
1ST RUNNER UP = $5,000
2ND RUNNER UP = $2,500
3RD RUNNER UP = $1,500
4TH RUNNER UP = $1,000
Round 1 - Saturday, March 4
Round 2 - Saturday, March 11
Round 3 - Saturday, March 18
Round 4 - Saturday, March 25
Round 5 - Saturday, April 1
Round 6 - Saturday, April 8
Round 7 - Saturday, April 15
Round 8 - Saturday, April 22
Round 9 - Saturday, April 29
Round 10 - Saturday, May 6
Round 11 - Saturday, May 13
Wildcard Round 12 - May 20
Center Stage presents the 2017’s Titans of Talent Karaoke Contest with over $25,000 in prize money up for grabs to whoever can shine on stage! Titans of Talent is the World's Largest Karaoke Contest. This is a 13 week competition with only 240 spots available so sign up now before the slots are filled! There will be $500 weekly winners and a $15,000 grand prize. It all begins Saturday March 4th at 8pm and continuing every Saturday Night through the Grand Finale on May 27th inside the Yellow Rose Theater at Center Stage in Dothan, Alabama.
HOW IT WORKS
1. This will be a THIRTEEN week contest, consisting of twelve weeks of qualifying rounds followed by the Grand Finale during week thirteen. The contest starts Saturday, March 4th and runs every consecutive SATURDAY through May 27, 2017.
2. Each qualifying round is limited to 20 contestants
• In order to be considered as a qualifying contestant, participants must send in the entry form completed via our website and/or direct email. Participants are encouraged to send in headshots, videos, mp3, and/or audio clips to enhance their chances of being selected to compete. Every singer has the same opportunity to send in a video submission. All submissions received do NOT guarantee a place in the qualifying rounds. Our staff will contact the chosen submissions. Please be sure to provide a correct contact number and email address
3. Contestants MUST list their 2 chosen songs on the entry form in order to be considered as a qualifying contestant. These songs will be locked in and cannot be changed, unless otherwise contacted and informed. First song listed will be intended for qualifying first round. Second song listed will be known as alternate song
4. Contestants MUST arrive 1 hour prior to start time on the day of the contest to ensure all info is correct. During this time, contestants will take head-shots for the competition, specify the order of the chosen songs, and fill out any remaining paperwork
5. In the event the registered contestant is unable to attend or be present 1 hour before start time, the contestant will lose their slot and we will call on our backup contestants. NO EXCEPTIONS
6. The first 10 contestants will perform their chosen song for the first hour of the event and we will then take a 15 min break. The next 10 contestants will perform and we will have another 15 min break while the judges tally up scores for the final round. The top 5 highest scored contestants will then perform their 2nd song. Judges will then break to tally the final scores. The winner, 2nd runner-up and 3rd runner-up will then be announced
1. Judges scoring sheets WILL NOT be viewed by anyone other than the event staff
2. All contests will consist of a three judge panel (excluding the finale on Sat, May 27th)
3. Contestants will be judged on a maximum score of 20 points per judge
4. Contestants will be scored on the following criteria
• Voice and sound quality (including rhythm and tempo as well as the individual characteristics of the voice)- 5 points
• Stage performance (the physical expression of the song in the terms of the overall visual presentation of the performance on stage)- 5 points
• Entertainment value and overall performance (Individual showmanship, originality, and audience appeal)- 10 points
5. After the top 5 highest scored contestants are chosen to sing their 2nd song, judges will add the 1st and 2nd performance scores together to indicate and announce the weekly winner, 2nd runner-up and 3rd runner- up
6. In the event there is a tie or any other unspecified situation occurs, there will be a 4th judge on standby who’s score sheet will be pulled if need be
7. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the competition, therefore contestants must be present to receive their prize
PRIZES & AWARDS
• The Weekly first place winners will receive a cash prize of $500 and be invited to the Grand Finale on May 27th
• 2ND place weekly runner ups will receive 10,000 in Free Point Credit
• 3RD place weekly runner ups will receive 5,000 in Free Point Credit
How do I sign up?
In order to be considered as a qualifying contestant, participants must send in the entry form completed via our website and/or direct email. Participants are encouraged to send in head-shots, videos, mp3, and/or audio clips to enhance their chances of being selected to compete. Every singer has the same opportunity to send in a video submission. All submissions received do NOT guarantee a place in the qualifying rounds. Our staff will contact the chosen submissions. Please be sure to provide a correct contact number and email address.
How long is the contest?
Thirteen weeks, consisting of twelve weeks of qualifying rounds followed by the Grand Finale during week thirteen. The contest starts Saturday, March 4th and runs every consecutive SATURDAY through May 27, 2017
If I sign up do I get to compete?
No, our Karaoke committee will review all submissions received and reach out to the submissions we believe will bring the best to the contest.
Do I need to sign up for every week?
No, please do not send in multiple entries. As said before, we will contact all chosen submissions.
Why can I only choose 2 songs and why can’t I change them?
We ask everyone who submits entries to only choose two songs due to our stage effects; including lights and audio. We want your performance on stage to be the best and in order to do that, we need songs that are locked in and programmed to our light and audio system.
Who do I contact if I have a question?
Please send all questions, suggestions, issues and/or requests regarding 2017’s Titans of Talent Karaoke Contest to firstname.lastname@example.org